Tuesday, March 30, 2010

CS2 keeps opening as Read Only. Why?

I am using a student version of ID CS2 in Windows (PC). I am working on a program for an event. It keeps opening as a 'read-only' file and I have to ''Save As'' to a new location in order to update any changes. If I try to save any changes to the original file, it tells me that the program is being used by one or more programs and it cannot be saved at that time. Is the file corrupt? No one else has worked on this program. I have to have this finished by early next week and I'm afraid I won't be able to give it to the printer in its current condition. HELP!

CS2 keeps opening as Read Only. Why?

Is the file being stored on a server? If so, try copying to the local machine while you work, then copy back tothe server when finished. Also, have you patched to 4.0.5?

CS2 keeps opening as Read Only. Why?

hi Suzanne,

instead of SAVE AS try to EXPORT your document to INX (InDesign Interchange), then open this INX file and save it with new name as INDD file - maybe your file is still corrupted and maybe this will help ...

robin

www.adobescripts.co.uk

I have not patched to 4.0.5. My version is 4.0 already, and I couldn't seem

to find any further patches for it. I am not storying on a server. Just my

machine. Any other ideas? Do you think the file is corrupt? If so, what

should I do?

Thanks for answering my question so quickly. Very appreciated.

Suzanne

This seems to have done the trick! I have opened it twice and it is a normal

file without the 'read-only' tag. Thank you so much!

Suzanne

You should still update to 4.0.5 to take advantage of all the bug fixes. For MacIntosh you'll find it at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3598

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3600 for Windows

Will do. Thank you so much.

Suzanne

I tried to download the update. The screen that came up from the

InstallShield page is attached as a PDF. Take a look. What is happening?

Did you use one of the links I provided? They both work here. You should also be able to run the updater from the Help menu, or go to http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ and navigae to the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment