Sunday, March 28, 2010

some questions before working with AIR

Hy,

i am a web developper discovering adobe air technologie. I would like to create an desktop application with html/css/javascript. So i have some questions...

Can i build non free apps ?

Does my html/css/js sources must be visible in the app directory apps or can i hide them to the public ?

thanks for all

some questions before working with AIR

Can i build non free apps ?

yes

Does my html/css/js sources must be visible in the app directory apps or can i hide them to the public ?

seems to me like they must be, but I believe that the app will not run if they are altered in any way

some questions before working with AIR

Hy,

i they must be visible, anyone can take them and build the same app from scrach, no build non free app makes no sense...

That's true. The actual AIR application code can also be decompiled and then copied. Any application, AIR or not can be copied if the attacker is motivated and skilful enough, so I wouldn't worry too much there's not much different here.

Hy,

dear scholarpack, if i build my app with ajax it will be more easier to copy it than using flex, isn't it ? So i prefere use the more secure technologie. Ok flex can be decompiled but i think it add more difficulty than copying .js. An other solution is to obfustace my js.

What is the best solution ?

thanks

Personally I would go with Flex/AIR.

If you are concerned about not being copied then you could try Nitro LM (http://www.nitrolm.com/). They provide a licensing solution for your AIR application but part of that is an encryption service. The application only being unencrypted when it is started. This is available in the Nitro-LM ''Lite'' version. By the way I have no association with them and have not tried it yet, but I hope to be using the service in the future - if it works as advertised.

Hy,

thanks for this link. My project is a simple project and i think it will not be necessary to pay for this because i will not make a lot of money with it. My widget is free and it serve to promote a webservice. So is there a open source soft like nitro lm or other solution.

thnaks a lot !

No comments:

Post a Comment