Tuesday, March 30, 2010

template from page???

I mistakenly have deleted a template.?I know I should have backed it all up, but what's done is done.?Now, I have several pages created from that template.?Is there any way of creating a template from one of those pages so that I can use that as the template again for those pages that used it????Thanks!

template from page???

Sure, from one of the child pages, remove all the content from the editable regions, then File | Save as Template...then on the child pages, go to Modify | Templates | Appky Template to page...your done.

Actually you dont have to remove the content first, but it does not hurt.

Gary

template from page???

Kinda worked, kinda didn't... I know that I had to detach it from the original template as well.?It turned out that after I used your helpful advice, I ended up still having to copy and paste all the content from all of the pages into the new template.?Kind of something I was trying to avoid!??I really appreciate your thoughts on it, though! Thanks!

You should have been able to simply apply the template to the page, which is the reason I said about removing the editable content from the new template. But sorry to hear?it did not work exactly as planned.

Gary

Actually you don't even need to use the 'apply to page' scenario.

I would have opened a current child page, renamed it to test.html and left the original in tact.

Using the test.html to recreate the template?-

1.?Firstly detach from template.-

2.?Now you will need to recreate the editable regions.?Easiest way wouuld be to have a child page open and copy and paste the editable region code into the various areas in the test.html page.

3.?Remove content etc from editable regons.

4.?Save as a template - using the same name as the original template.

Make a small change the new template to see if it asks for the changes to be applied to the child pages of the very original template...... you will know by the dialogue box that comes up whether the changes were made to the child pages.?If done correctly, the child pages would update.

I've used this process in the past and haven't had any problems doing it this way.

--

Nadia

Adobe Community Expert : Dreamweaver

---------------------------------------------------------------

Unique CSS Templates | Tutorials | SEO Articles

http://www.DreamweaverResources.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Design %26amp; Development

http://www.perrelink.com.au

http://twitter.com/nadiap

  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment