Tuesday, March 30, 2010

removing onload event

After revising a webpage and removing and changing some images, the onload event for the old images is still in the body.?This I think is what is causing broken links to show up in the link checker.?Is there an easy way to remove these old onload events without disturbing the onload for the new images currently being used??Should I even worry about this??Thanks for any help you can provide.

removing onload event

DW has a very detailed search/replace engine, probably the best compared to all other authoring tools.

Could you post an example %26lt;img%26gt; tag of both you want to fix, and you want it to be untouched?

So probably we can figure something out.

removing onload event


%26lt;body onload=''MM_preloadImages('images/thumbnails/renderings/churchint_thmbnl_dim.JPG ','images/thumbnails/renderings/dekalbcocourt_thmbnl_dim.JPG'',

images/thumbnails/renderings/dekalbcojust_thmbnl_dim.JPG'

OK, here is some of the code in the page.?The first image referred to for preload is current and needed.?The next two images referred to are no longer needed on the page.?I guess what I'm wondering is why I can't use the preload image selection on the behaviors panel to delete these unneeded preloads.?When I select preload image on the behaviors panel it gives me no listed images to delete from preloading.

Do I have to remove these by deleting the lines of code in code view?

Thanks again for your time.

I just tested to be sure, but If I use the Tag Selector above the PI, to select the body, I see the behavour in the behaviours panel, and if I double click on the preload icon/panel I get a listing of the images being proloaded and have the ability to more or add images at will.

I get the same ability if I place my cursor inside the %26lt;body onload.....?%26gt; code in design view.

I'm afraid that if you can't get the option by using either of the above, then you will need to remove them manually via code view.

Or you can select the body tag and just remove the behaviour completely and then reapply the behaviour and only add the images you need.

Thank you very much, that worked nicely!?The onloading events show in the behaviors panel when the body is selected.?Either in code or design view.

  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment