Friday, March 26, 2010

Strange duplex printing problem with AR...

Hi. I recently upgraded my acroread to 9.1.3 (archive.canonical.com in Ubuntu Hardy).

Since I did it, I've got this odd behaviour:

- I can print at single side with acroread 9.1.3

- I can not print with duplex option. It states the job as ''retained'' on the printer status. And the command it is using says:

lpr -P Epson_ALC1100 -o PageSize=a4 -o PageRegion=a4 -o MediaType=normal -o Color=color -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble -o TonerSave=false -o Resolution=300dpi -o InputSlot=autoselection -o Collate=on -o Copies=1

- If I use this command with the ''Custom...'' option... I've got the same result: the job is ''retained''

- I was able to print two sided in the same printer with version 8.x

- But, if I use this command straight on a terminal... let's say:

foo@computer: lpr -P Epson_ALC1100 -o PageSize=a4 -o PageRegion=a4 -o MediaType=normal -o Color=color -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble -o TonerSave=false -o Resolution=300dpi -o InputSlot=autoselection -o Collate=on -o Copies=1 foo.pdf


Then prints with out problems....

- I can also print two sided with the visor evince.

Can anyone help me? I'm the only one with this problem?

I did reproduce the trouble in the computer of my advisor (same printer, same ubuntu distribution).

Strange duplex printing problem with AR...

Hi,

Did you try printing the ps file using the same command.

First create a ps file using the ''print to file'' otion to create a ps file.

Next use the same command to send the ps file to the printer with Duplex On.

Also, did you try printing to a different printer.

With A9, the Printer properties dialog box has changed to accomodate all the settings that the ppd file provides.

So make sure that the Duplex is selected in the properties box.

You can also set the default Duplex option to ''DuplexNoTumble'' or ''Long Edge Binding'' in the CUPS Web UI for the printer and then print to the printer.

Regards,

Rishi

No comments:

Post a Comment