Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Is there a magic setting that enables...

I've reset defaults,?I've tried preference changes. Changed conversion settings. A window asks me to click cancel if I need a larger page--when I do, the pdf is tiled or 8.5x11--no matter what the default says. Also, when I turn off crop marks, they still appear. Nothing works.?An hour and a half with phone supportwas useless.?I am using Acrobat Pro 8.1.?The application I'm trying to convert to PDF is a Publisher file.

Anyone, please help.

Lori

Is there a magic setting that enables...

How are you making the PDF??Printing??Have you tried changing the defaults on the Adobe PDF printer in 'Printers %26amp; Faxes'?

Is there a magic setting that enables...

No, I'm prepping it for a printing service.?I already tried changing the preferences on the Adobe printer in

printers and faxes.

What program are you creating the PDF from?

You never really answered the question on how you are creating the PDF. What are the precise steps you use, software package, and version of Acrobat?

Lori,

It sounds like the Publisher page setup and print settings are interfering with the output settings you're setting up for the PDF. Make certain that all of them are in agreement that the only acceptable page size is 14x11 - in a lot of the programs we use every day, the print dialog settings over ride the setup and document settings - but Publisher doesn't always work the way we expect it to.

  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment