Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How to open multiple RAW images in...

With Elements 5 I can open any number of RAW images and process each one separately, one at a time, applying corrections to each image individually in the RAW dialogue, clicking Open Image, repeat.?When done each image is in the work space, allowing me to work further, crop, fix, Save as JPEG, CLOSE, etc.

With Elements 7 the capability to process multiple RAW images in the workspace seems to have degraded.?I must process one RAW image at a time, or open many RAW images, Select All and have the correction(s) I apply to the first RAW image apply to all the RAW images.?The first alternative is very time consuming while the second alternative is not acceptable.

Any help appreciated in how to regain the function I had with Elements 5.?

How to open multiple RAW images in...

Just make sure that only one image is selected in the list on the left side of the window and your corrections will only apply to it. Ditto for when you click Open.

How to open multiple RAW images in...

I am honored to receive a response from such an excellent writer. Thank you.

When I open multiple RAW images in Elements 7 I can in fact select one of the images, do what I wish in the RAW dialogue, then click Open Image. In this example from Elements 7 I opened two RAW images, selected the first, accepted As Shot and clicked on Open Image, at which point Elements 7 in fact opens the DustinS1 image for editing in the Elements 7 workspace, just like Elements 5 did. However, Elements 5 returns me to the RAW dialogue for the next image while Elements 7 does not, forcing me to go through the Open dialogue again for the next image, and the next, etc, one open per RAW image, which is very time consuming.

Of course, I may be missing something very basic and will feel very dense if that's the case. I find to difficult to believe that Adobe would have make the workflow to process multiple RAW images more tedious in a new version but that's what it looks like to me.

Thank you again Ms. Brundage.

Paul M.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. It will open as many images as you select on the left side of the raw converter window before clicking Open.

If I select more than one image in the

left pain, either individually or by

Select All, Elements 7 dutifully opens

the RAW images selected in the

workspace.

The rub is that Elements 7 then applies

the RAW adjustments from the RAW image

dialogue (e.g., Brightness, Contrast,

Clarity) for the first RAW image to all

the RAW images

before placing them in the workspace for

further editing.

Elements 5 provides a RAW image dialogue

for each RAW image individually, one at

a time, when I open them en masse. As

near as I can tell, Elements 7 does not,

forcing the user

to either open each RAW image

individually or presume that the RAW

adjustments made to one image should

apply to all the others before opening

them in the workspace for further

editing.

This presumption will generally be a bad

presumption, forcing the user to the

one-at-a-time option, which is very,

very slow.

Thank you again,

Paul M.

  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment