Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Premiere CS3 - unable to open MPEG-4...

Hi!

I have footage from 2 different cameras. Project involved combining these 2 for DVD as end destination. Half of the footage is in quicktime format and the other half is MPEG-4. I am unable to import the MPEG-4 files into Premiere - I get the error Unsupported format or damaged file. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Premiere CS3 - unable to open MPEG-4...

Upgrade to CS4 or use better source material. MP4 can be unsuitable for editing, what codec is inside the wrapper?

Premiere CS3 - unable to open MPEG-4...

Thanks Harm. Unfortunately upgrading to CS4 at this time is not an option. I am not very familiar with codec, so pardon my stupid question - how do I find the codec info? Isn't there any work around to be able to work with MPEG-4?

First, work through all of the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting


If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of that link

Thanks John. At this point I have too many open projects and tight deadlines - not very comfortable running Adobe CleanScript. Are you recommending this to see why I am unable to import MPEG-4? My question is does CS3 let you import MPEG-4? If there is any other work around I would prefer that and then do the troubleshooting once I have some of these projects and data out of way. Like convert MPEG-4 to a different format. Any suggestions on these lines?

Any suggestions?

Use GSpot to determine the codec used.

Any suggestions on these lines?

CS3 definitely will not import MP4 but can export them using the Adobe media Encoder.?I?import MP4 video using Premiere Elements 7.0.

As an add-in, I find that QuickTime Pro (US$29 unlock/upgrade) does a great job of converting .MOV and .MP4/H.264 to DV-AVI Type II, using the DV/DVCPRO CODEC.

Good luck,

Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment