Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Text box character style removal

I have a CS3 document that has about 10 character styles--one of which is Fig_ref. Whenever I draw a textbox, it automatically styles the text with this character style. I have to go to the drop down menu and select none. Is there a way to force the default to ''None''? Thanks.

Text box character style removal

With no text selected, go to the character styles and select none.

Text box character style removal

Thanks for the quick reply. None is listed before I draw the textbox. The minute I draw the box, the style changes to ''Fig_ref''.

Open the object styles panel and see what's selected. You may need to select a different object style, or edit the Basic Text Frame style.

Close all documents, open your paragraph style, and click reset, then open object styles, and reset.

Thanks. This did it. New to InDesign...Old Quark user.

No comments:

Post a Comment