Friday, March 26, 2010

Flex app height dynamic.. distorts...

Hi

This may be a known issue to some but .. I am facing this issue now. I have a Flex app which keeps on increasing in height based on user interaction on the page. To increase the height, every time the user does the interaction, I am updating the height of the embeded flash object. problem is when the application height reaches more than 4000px . It behaves weird post that.

Any pointers to solving this ?

Thanks

Dharmesh

Flex app height dynamic.. distorts...

Try not to use bitmaps including cacheAsBitmap. They max out around 4000 pixels.

Alex Harui

Flex SDK Developer

Adobe Systems Inc.

Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Flex app height dynamic.. distorts...

Hi,

Sorry I did not get what you were mentioning?

My app has a ViewStack wherein each tab has certain rows which the user can expand and collapse. I have a requirement such that I need to show the browser scrollbar rather than the flex scrollbar. So for the application i have the vertical policy off. Now as an and when the user expands the rows , I calculate the new height and update the view stack accordingly. Post doing that, I cal la javascript function and that function will increase the height of the fash object it has embeded. It works nice until it reaches around approx 4000px where any further expansions of rows turns distorted.

I hope my explanation is good enough. Can you please shed some light in case you have some inputs.

Thanks

Dharmesh

Hi Alex

I tried specifying the value of parameter cacheAsBitmap=''false'' for the Application tag.. but still got the same result. Is that what you were mentioning?

Thanks

Dharmesh

No comments:

Post a Comment