Tuesday, March 30, 2010

[DW CS4] How to search inside the...

Hi,

In Dreamweaver CS4, when I open an .htaccess file, and search for text ''Inside Current Document'', Dreamweaver finds and replaces them, no problem.

But when I apply same search to a folder or whole site, Dreamweaver cannot find anything, even the text in already opened document.

.htaccess files are neither hidden nor read-only.

Any way to get around this?

I have to find-replace some texts in couple of hundreds .htaccess files site-wide.

Thanks.

[DW CS4] How to search inside the...

I think ( could be wrong), that .htaccess is not a recognised DW file extension?so it dosn't know to do a search for those files.

I do believe that you can set up DW to recognise different file extensions via the preferences panel.

Actually looking at my own preferences, htaccess is one of the files in the list- so it does recognise it?(because I know I didn't add that - unless it was added when I installed WAMP).

See if you have the same.?If not, then I'm not sure why it's not finding your 'search and replace' text.

The only other suggestion would be to use a good text editor with the ability to do 'search and replace'.?(sorry?:-)

[DW CS4] How to search inside the...

Thanks Nadia,

But I already have that extension in my settings too.

I can open .htaccess files in DW, and can perform search/replace, only if I select ''Current Document'' in the pull down menu.

Anyway, grepWin solved my problem, but I guess this is a bug on Dreamweaver's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment