Friday, March 26, 2010

Scanning to a pdf document and...

I am trying to scan a bunch of pages I have and when I scan them I save them as a PDF. There are a buch of names and numbers on the pages (like a phone book). Can I select those names and numbers to copy - paste them? I have the select tool selected but it only lets me drag clich and create a selestion window and past it as a jpg. I want to select the text and paste it as editable text.

please help!

Scanning to a pdf document and...

You need to OCR it first.

Scanning to a pdf document and...

Unless you do the OCR, you can only do a graphic copy and paste, selecting a section of the window to copy.

What is an OCR? How do I OCR it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_character_recognition

In Acrobat you go to Document - OCR Text Recognition - Recognize text using OCR...

No comments:

Post a Comment