Sunday, March 28, 2010

Can not get Flash Catalyst to start on...

I have tried to download and run Flash Catalyst three times already and I still can't get it to run. I have read everything I can about any conflicts with other software and talked to Adobe customer service. No offence to whom ever took my call but I am well aware of the fact that if the problem is not on their script then they go to their supervisor for help. Which I'm sure he did because he put me on hold for about ten minutes. The solution to my problem was to go into my sysconfig file and uncheck all startup programs. I was able to keep him on the phone long enough to rebot my system and try starting the program with limited programs running. Of course it didn't work and he suggested that I uninstal and then reinstal the program again.

Now I was able to download Flashbuilder and didn't have any problems with it. I already had a copy of Eclipse on my system and they work fine which ever way you run them. That is I can run Eclipse or Flash Builder no problem. I was hoping that with Flash Catalyst I could design in it and then do the finish building in Flash Builder.

If anyone from Adobe or a fellow user such as myself has had this proble, I would really apreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

Bobby.

Can not get Flash Catalyst to start on...

I don't know what to do about this situation. I have tried so many times to get this program to install on my pc that I am begining to feel that it's not worth the trouble. I don't know if it's a problem with my OS or my hardware; which are; XP Home 32 bit serv. pac 3. Running 2.5ghz Intel dual core Wolfdale processor, 2gig of SDRAM, an XFX Gforce 9600 GSO with 768mb GDDR2 ram. I also have one Segate IDE 320 gig hd and a WD Blue 720 gig SATA HD, LG Blue Ray Burner(SATA) and a Sony DVD Burner(ATA), all on an Asus P5KPL-CM MB.

Can not get Flash Catalyst to start on...

Hi Bobby,

Can you describe precisely what problem you're seeing??For example, something like this: ''I double click the installer, it appears in the taskbar but no window appears, then it disappears from the taskbar and nothing more happens.''?Or if a window does appear, please describe what it looks like, what you try clicking next, etc.?Definitely write down any error messages that you see.

If you already installed it and now you're having trouble launching the Catalyst application itself, please clarify that for us also.

Finally, you can look for some log files that might help us diagnose your problem.?Assuming your problems are with installing, try looking for these files:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Flash Catalyst*.log.gz
C:\Documents and Settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\Local Settings\Temp\oobelib.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\Local Settings\Temp\pdapp.log

If you can find any of these files, post them here and we'll take a look.

Thanks, and sorry for the problems you're experiencing.

- Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment