Sunday, March 28, 2010

Elements 7 shuts down when I chose...

I am not an expert but I will do my best.When chosing certain transitions a box appears saying a problem caused program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. I just got a new HP Pavillion with 8GB Ram, a good system which should have no problem with this software.I also was wondering how I get an upgrade if I just got my software a week ago?

Elements 7 shuts down when I chose...

mom2JT

What video card does your computer have?

There has been an epidemic of this type of problem which is related to the NVIDIA video card. The following link is to the thread that first brought the problem and its fix into this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494578?tstart=60

Check it out and see if this applies to your situation.

ATR

Elements 7 shuts down when I chose...

When I contacted HP support and mentioned this NVIDIA driver issue, they informed me that I have a Radeon HD4350 which really doesnt mean much to me but they say that should be just fine to support this?

mom2JT

Thanks for the follow up information.

Could you please tell me if the problem is specific to any specific transition(s)? If so, what are they?

Do you know if your video card is a GPU accelerated card and fully supports Direct 3D?

I would also like you to try the following:

Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and uncheck ''Enable GPU Playback''. See if the problem remains. If the problem is still there, then go back and put a check mark next to ''Enable GPU Playback''.

If this line of troubleshooting does not work, then we might look closer at the Timeline content as well as your computer resources.

ATR

Along with ATR's excellent suggestions, also look at Hardware Acceleration for your ATI card. There should be several ''tick marks'' on the slider scale. If you have yours set to Max, try sliding all of the way to the left - basically OFF. If that helps, then slide to the right, one tick mark at a time, until it ceases to function and then back off to the last tick mark, where it does.

Good luck, and did you update your ATI Radeon card's drivers? If HP doesn't have a newer one, look on the ATI site for your exact card.

Hunt

Along with Hunt's suggestion to update the ATI video Drivers, all HP systems come with a utility named ''HP Update''.

This utility is set to your installed Factory Hardware/Software spec's and will scan all the vendors for you and locate any updated Divers and HP software patches.

You can run this by a click on the Start Button, in the Search Box enter 'HP Update', then search.

'HP Update' will appear at the top of the list, just click and run.

If it finds anything, it will prompt you, then you decide on what to install or update.

(I'd also set a Manual Restore Point prior to any updates, so you can roll back easily)...

(I'd also set a Manual Restore Point prior to any updates, so you can roll back easily)...
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment