Friday, April 2, 2010

Can I Replace a TIFF in a PDF?

Awhile ago I created a certificate in InDesign, created a PDF and made it a fillable form. I don't do this often and don't remember all I did, but it took a long time. Now the customer wants to change the signature on the form -- which was a small TIFF signature. Is there a way to delete the old signature and replace it with the new one easily? I also have Pitstop Professional, but don't know how to use that much either.

Can I Replace a TIFF in a PDF?

Use the Touch up Object Tool, Tools%26gt;Advanced Editing.?Just click on the tif with it, choose edit image, replace the image in photoshop and save.

Can I Replace a TIFF in a PDF?

You could right-click on the replacement tiff and choose to open it with Acrobat - this creates a PDF containing the new signature. You can then select the image of the signature with the Pitstop Pro 'Select Objects' tool and copy; switch to the certificate PDF, and paste the new signature. With the 'Select Object' tool still active, hold down Ctrl key to turn it into the 'Move Object' tool and position the graphic where it needs to be.

I keep my offsets to 0, 0 so I can position new objects over old, cut them/delete the old one/paste back new one.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment