Sunday, April 4, 2010

Do you have to type ''/Index.html'' in...

Hi

I've made a website in Dreamweaver and have put it onto the web using Fetch.?I'm wondering - when people visit my webpage will they need to type in www.blahblahblah.com/Index.html every time??Is there a way so that they only have to type in www.blahblahblah.com and it will automatically take them to the index page??Coz now if I type the address with /Index.html it comes up as

Index of /

  • Index.html
  • Pages/
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 mod_wsgi/2.5 Python/2.4.3 Server at www.off-white.co.nz Port 80

Thanks a lot.

Do you have to type ''/Index.html'' in...

try to use all-small-caps in the filenames. e.g. index.html (notice i, instead of I)

Do you have to type ''/Index.html'' in...

Thanks yea I'll fix this tomorrow.?Should this help with not having to type in /index.html?

It might be quicker to open up Fetch, make the change to the filename and see for yourself if it helps. It only takes a minute to determine the result which is better than waiting until tomorrow and asking a question here in the meantime that can be answered yourself simply by trying the procedure that's been mentioned. It probably took more effort to type the message saying you'll do it tomorrow than it would have to make the change in Fetch and see if the result was successful.

Should this help with not having to type in /index.html?

Ok thanks! And the reason I didn't try it myself now is coz I don't have Dreamweaver on this computer (and would have to wait till tomorrow to try again)

No comments:

Post a Comment