Friday, April 2, 2010

I Lost Files. Is it a LR problem or...

I recently downloaded LR2.5 version on my 10.5 Mac. Tonight I was trying to work on file structure and was importing a picture to see which ''root file'' it would show up in. The first imported properly but the second one did not. I waited for about 5 minutes and tried to cancel the import.?The x turned red but nothing else happened. I assumed it froze up. Later when I started to close LR I received a message that the copy and import was still working. After giving it additional time, I went ahead and closed LR. I reopened LR and choose a catalog ( I have several catalogs. ). I found that all had the infamous ? mark. I was able to find some of the image files and restore the path to the catalog folders. However, on some of the larger files and also on the library for Apple iPhoto no files were to be found. They do not show up in the finder either. The system file is there but there are no pictures. In the iPhoto library alone there were about 9000 images of which all are gone. ( These images were not even connected to LR). This also happened about 3 months ago. I do have a back up available, but I would really like to find out what is wrong. It seemed like the copy and import process froze up. Is it me or is there a problem with LR or Apple?

Thank you, Mike

I Lost Files. Is it a LR problem or...

It sounds like a problem with your hardware, possibly software at the system level. Back up everything you can and start checking with the hardware test on the original system install disk, perhaps make an appointment.

I Lost Files. Is it a LR problem or...

Thank you for your reply. I will do that.

Thanks, MIke

1 comment: