Friday, April 2, 2010

'Delete'

Ok, I have a question mark existing in my brain so long.

''Do we need to use 'delete' command to delete something if we create something before like new XXX ?''

?in this case, I have a function that will be called several times

?in the function, i need to empty all element of three array. So

?I think the easy way is just to?create new one. The thing is

?'should I delete the previous array memory?'' or the garbage collection can handle the memory thing.


timeData = new Array();
distanceData = new Array();
timeData = new Array();

thanks for your contribution.

'Delete'

Hi,

Make the object to null when you feel that the use with that object has been finished.

timeData = null;

When object is null it will be cleaned by Garbage Collector.

No comments:

Post a Comment