Sunday, April 4, 2010

Can't edit a photo in Photoshop

I have no problem in general with editing raw images in Photoshop by using the ''Edit In Adobe Photoshop CS3...'' command. It's a regular part of my workflow. But one specific image refuses to open. It'll launch Photoshop, but no image is opened.

Running Mac OS X 10.6 and LR 2.5.

Anyone else seen this or have any suggestions about what causes this behavior?

Can't edit a photo in Photoshop

Try opening the RAW image in ACR. Any single image problem like that is likely to be a corrupt image. Likely, not definitively....

Can't edit a photo in Photoshop

I can actually open the file in ACR without problem. Seems like the problem only occurs when I try to open it from within LR. I guess I'll have to experiement with how any edits in PS will be treated inside lightroom after I save the file. Maybe I have to import the PSD manually into the catalog?

Try running LR in 32 bit mode (do a get info on the app in Finder). There was a bug introduced with Mac OS X 10.6 that makes LR's photoshop integration fail for files that have lots of edits applied when you're running LR in 64 bits mode. This bug is not present in the 32-bit version of LR.

OK, thanks. I successfully edited it straight in ACR and reimported it into the LR library, but it's good to have another workaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment