Friday, April 2, 2010

License for this product has stopped...

I did a clean install of Snow Leopard on a new hard disk and migrated all applications.?Did the latest Apple updates including 10.6.1.?All but the Adobe apps worked fine.?I am stuck trying to get PS, AI and DW, all CS3, working.?I get the above license message.?Been through kb401528.?I've been through numerous uninstall/reinstall cycles, interspersed with attempts at running LicenseRecovery109 and Maccseclean.?I see now that customer support is closed for the next two days.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get these apps working again??All suggestions appreciated.

(This is on a Mac Pro, 2006, 16 GB RAM 4 x 3 GHz processors if that helps.)

License for this product has stopped...

This morning's steps in trying to get PS CS3 installed in a new drive:

1. Uninstall PS CS 3 from CD

2. Reboot

3. Run macc3clean

4. reboot

5. install PS CS3 form CD

6. Run PS - error message still there

7. Run LicenseRecovery109

8. Reboot

9. Run - error message still there

10. Run LicenseRecovery109 again

11. Reboot

12. Run PS - error message still there

13. Run LicenseRecovery109 again with '0' option

14. Reboot

15. Run PS - error message still there

I notice that \Library\Preferences\FlexNetPublisher still has no files in it.?Comparing to the installation on the old drive, I note this folder has a folder called FlexNet and in that folder is a single file named ''adobe_00080000_tsf.data''.?I copy the FlexNet folder from the old drive to the new drive.?(You may need to set permissions for this folder to r/w.)?PS now starts properly and allows entering my valid license number.?PS CS3 now appears to be working - at least it activated and is downloading updates.

Offered this (tedious) process in case it may help others.

PS: I entered a customer support email and was told that I would get a response in 3 business days!?That is 5 work days for a small business owner.?This is no support as far as I'm concerned.?

No comments:

Post a Comment