Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tilelist data change not reflected

Hello Everyone ,

?I have an tilelist where the data on the objects changes (such as a name change of an object).?These changes are not being reflected in the tilelist .?I know how to make a Tree refresh its data and even keep its nodes open , WOOHOO.?But no such luck trying to transfer that knowledge over to the tilelist.

Tilelist data change not reflected

It's always best to boil it down to small yet complete sample code exhibiting the issue so we see how you are doing things.

The first thing that comes to mind is are you using binding.

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

Tilelist data change not reflected

Turns out to be ALOT more difficult than first expected.?In a normal situation the tilelist does update correctly when using dummy code.?But my case is not simple and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I keep a list of objects that implement IUID , and I thought the system would figure out that if the uids were the same , then the object representation should change accordingly.?But that is not the case.?You see , when I update my object list , i clear it and add new objects which most contain the same data but from a dataprovider perspective , the objects are not the same.?So my tilelist is stuck with a dataprovider that hasn't changed , but has changed for the tilelist.?Very confusing I know , but it is the only thing I could think of.?Now I have to learn how to ''merge'' the old data , deletee , renames , creates and all.

?Any ideas on how the pros slay this beast will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

?UPenguin

No comments:

Post a Comment