Friday, April 2, 2010

Insert image and Flash icons suddenly...

All of a sudden, whenever I click the icons in the Common toolbar to insert an image or Flash object, DW has stopped opening the dialogue box to locate the image file. instead it goes straight to the Accessibility dialogue and inserts a blank image tag. Same happens if I use Insert/Image from the menu bar.

What settings have I accidentally changed? I am so used to inserting objects by clicking the Insert Image icon.

Insert image and Flash icons suddenly...

There is small arrow on the right side of the img icon, you can select what to insert. If you select Img Placeholder, it will only ask for placeholder attributes.

Select the [Image], and it will open the browsing box.

Probably same thing with the Flash icon.

Insert image and Flash icons suddenly...

Yes, I know that. I've inserted thousands of images and dozens of SWF files using those icons, so I'm quite familiar with how they are meant to work. What I'm saying is, the icons AND the menu options suddenly changed their behaviors! Whether I select Insert Image or Insert Image Placeholder, I no longer get the file dialogue to select which file to insert. It goes directly to the Accessibility dialogue and I end up with a tag that says: image src=''''

I haven't touched my program settings. Is there something going on that I can fix?

I wasn't implying that you are a novice user, or anything like that.

Anyway, there is a checkbox on the General settings [Show Dialog Box When Inserting Objects]

Once you follow DeadManWalking's advice about checking the preferences and that isn't the issue, then the only ting I can suggest is the following:

If Dreamweaver is behaving in an odd way, it frequently means you have a corrupt personal configuration folder.

Close Dreamweaver, locate the personal configuration folder, and rename it.

When you restart Dreamweaver, it should create a new configuration folder with all the program defaults.

For details of how to find the configuration folder, see this page in the Dreamweaver FAQ.

--

Nadia

Adobe Community Expert : Dreamweaver

---------------------------------------------------------------

Unique CSS Templates | Tutorials | SEO Articles

http://www.DreamweaverResources.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Design %26amp; Development

http://www.perrelink.com.au

http://twitter.com/nadiap

That fixed it. Thanks. I don't know how that preference got unchecked, nor how I missed seeing it when looking for the solution. I appreciate your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment