Sunday, April 4, 2010

PhotoShop Elements 6 install...

I have been trying to troubleshoot an install for PSE 6.?I don't mean to sound unintelligent but Intel Pentium 4 or Celeron 1.3GHz processor is one of the System requirements.?I am at a loss to know for sure that I have the processer that is compatible. I have a Dell Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00 GHz.?I thought this was compatible but on install ( and I have done about 8 different troubleshooting unsuccessful installs using Adobe Technotes) After some time during the install I keep getting a error message, saying ''Adobe Photo Downloader 4.0 component has encountered a problem and needs to close.''?Then it says complete and I can open the program, view photos, so come quick fix's but when I try to open editor I get another error saying ''Adobe Photo Shop 6 has encountered a problem and needs to close''.?Plus several other issues.?I am running WinXP with 2 GB, Service Pack 3,?have plenty of hard drive space,?1280 X 800 monitor resolution 32 bit color , NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, ( not sure what the display driver is even).?I would appreciate some advice or info.

Thank You?P.

PhotoShop Elements 6 install...

Your processor is fully compatible.

Unfortunately, there are many reasons why the PSE Editor might crash, and often it is hard to diagnose quickly the reason for the crash. For Editor crashes, I suggest you work methodically through this list of troubleshooting steps, which proceed approximately from easy to hard:

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshopelements-6-7-faq.htm#_Troubleshooti ng_Editor_crashes

Even if you think you've tried a similar step before, repeat it again, following the steps precisely.?(With these sorts of multi-step manual instructions, it's very easy to make a mistake, and I always try such things at least twice.)

PhotoShop Elements 6 install...

Ok.?My question was addressed now I will see what, if any of these work. Just wanted to let you know I will run these steps (it may take me a while because of my schedule) but Thanks so for the assist.?Will post on this thread again as to whether or not it has helped!!??P.

Finally,?I had to get to it immediately,?after several trials I downloaded the upgrades for my printer and Eureka!!! My Photoshop editor is working.

Now I have another issue so I will post it with another question, so whoever and advise will get the points.?Thank you, Thank you, Thank You!!!!!!?P.

No comments:

Post a Comment