Friday, April 2, 2010

Cannot Open a JPEG image as a Camera...

I tried opening a JPEG image, using ''Open As'' function into Camera Raw in Elements 5.0 Editor and I receive a ''program error'' message. How can I change settings or otherwise enable Elements 5.0 to open a JPEG into Camera Raw?

Cannot Open a JPEG image as a Camera...

Have you upgraded Camera Raw to version 4.6. I think it was only the later versions that could handle JPEGs. Also I assume you selected Raw Files in the file type selection panel in Open As. I know this should work as I have been using it yesterday

John

Cannot Open a JPEG image as a Camera...

John,

I downloaded a plugin, newer version of Camera Raw (I think it's 5.5).?But, my Elements does not seem to recognize it.?When I click on ''about plugins'' in the Editor?help menu, it shows Camera Raw 3.5, which is what this probably came installed with.?Perhaps I did not install the plug in properly, or Elements 5.0 is not compatible.?Any advice?

Tom

Camera Raw 5.5 does not work with PSE5. You will need to download and install Adobe Camera Raw 4.6, which is the latest version that will work with PSE5.

The latest version of ACR which is compatibe with Elements 5 is ACR4.6. You can download it fromhttp://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4034%26amp;fileID=3758

I think the Adobe site says 4.5 was the last forElements 5, but I know 4.6 works.?ACR5 needs Elements 7(or possibly 6). Good luck

John

Thanks, I will download 4.6 when I get home in a few hours.?I hope this works! Tom

Also, you must follow the directions, including removing the old plug-in first, exactly.

Thanks to all!?This solution works

No comments:

Post a Comment